The importance of HVAC maintenance is crucial to efficiency as well as proper operation of your HVAC Heating and Air Conditioning system(s). Your HVAC equipment is designed to run efficiently, but requires clean air as well as clean parts to accomplish this. Most people understand that air filters need to be changed. Air filters actually need to be looked at every month and changed at least every 3 months. Additionally, dirt, dust and debris can collect on coils, fans and other moving parts which can cause your unit(s) to work harder and over time become less efficient and energy wasteful.
Most HVAC systems over time experience energy wasting problems which can cost homeowners far more in energy costs per year.
• 1/10” of dirt or debris on an evaporator coil can cause an energy use cost increase of 5% or more.
• A dirty blower wheel can reduce air flow over 30%.
• A refrigerant undercharge of 23% and cause a 52% efficiency loss.
• 10% reduction in air volume (where excessive) can decrease fan energy consumption by 30%
• A 15% return air leak from a 120 degree attic can double your operating costs
• Depending on the conditions and severity, a savings of more than $100 per rated to may be possible where maintenance has been insufficient or lacking.
Changing your air filter(s) at least every three months can make a difference and scheduling an HVAC maintenance visit with Air Doctor Heating and Air can make certain that your entire system is clean and operating optimally.
If you have an older system, you might want to consider getting a quote to replace your old system with a newer, high efficiency system. Air Doctor Heating and Air can provide you with a Free quote with built in savings. You may also want to consider our 10 year financing program so you can realize savings over the course of the payment plan. New units come with a 10 year warranty on parts and labor.